!-- InteAds Banner Code Start -->

Blatter distances itself from FIFA-Exko

Blatter distanziert sich von FIFA-ExkoJoseph S. Blatter distances itself from FIFA-Exko-© SID-IMAGES/AFP/FABRICE COFFRINI

FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter has distanced himself because of the persistent allegations of corruption by members of the Executive Committee of World Federation.


Zurich (SID) - FIFA President Sepp Blatter has distanced himself because of the persistent allegations of corruption by members of the Executive Committee of World Association. "With my proposals I have made the Congress, I would be not concerned in the Executive Committee." I had to wait until I have the platform for it - the Congress. My contact person in the FIFA are the national associations, they choose me. In the Executive Branch are the people who are determined by the confederations. "After two members had been suspended in November, was aware that we must do something", Blatter said the Tagesanzeiger from Zurich.


Blatter had IGC on Wednesday at the 61. FIFA Congress in Zurich that vote no longer the 24 members of the Executive Committee, but all 208 members of the International Association on the allocation of the World Championships. Thus, he deposed the FIFA Exko and strengthened the Congress. It is very questionable whether this but actually the payments can be prevented by bribes.


In addition the year accused the English Association once again FA, making mood against him. FA boss David Bernstein asked the Congress to move the presidential election, because after the withdrawal of Mohamed Bin Hammam in Blatter only stood a candidate available. "So, you presented me as the whipping boy." We have received beatings and I a few right slaps. Amazingly, all from the same corner comes. The apotheosis was that of the English Association President Bernstein almost whiny said: "I have to say something now, and it's hurting me almost that I have to say." Why does he then it? ", said Blatter.